Saturday, November 18, 2017

Self care and Guilt

Today I followed the feeling that I should look up something called Golden milk to help treat the illness I am fighting. Someone had told me about it recently and it kept returning to my memory. So I looked it up, made some and it seems to be helping tremendously. I also made more of an effort than I have possibly in years to actually take it slow while I'm sick. Okay I still did stuff today but I did it much slower and listened to the low energy levels my body was telling me I had.

Recently I've been apprehensive about seeing someone in my family who became offended at a comment I made a year-and-a-half ago to her. When I found out months later that she was upset about it I made efforts to apologize but I never felt completely forgiven. I remembered that I had a saygobedo about a year ago to send flowers to her but I never followed it. I was feeling again like maybe I should go ahead and follow that now to try to ease tension before our family gets together for Thanksgiving. But before I ordered flowers I followed another Saygobedo to talk to my husband about it. While I had been thinking that flowers surely would be well received, my husband wisely pointed out that they could just bring up the old feelings again and be counter-productive. That caused me to remember something my mentor said to me about the same issue which was that most likely we would just have to pretend like it never happened and try to move on with good feelings , or at least cordial ones. After following my saygobedo to talk to my husband I decided not to send flowers and was glad that I talked to him. I no longer felt like I should send the flowers. Granted, I still wish I had sent them the first time I felt prompted. But I think the feeling that I should send them now was coming more from a feeling of guilt that I didn't send them the first time I felt prompted to and I just wanted to get rid of my guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment